DF_8

A massive congratulations to our student Rohan Coomber for scooping the prestigious award for the Best Food Industry Skills Meat Student at a recently held ceremony in London.

The annual award was given in recognition of Rohan’s outstanding academic achievement whilst completing her Diploma in Food Industry Skills.

The award was made by the Institute of Meat and Worshipful Company of Butchers.

She works in the Planning Department at Dalehead Foods in Spalding and is undertaking an Advanced Apprenticeship in Food and Drink Manufacturing at our University of Lincoln site in Holbeach.

The award came as a complete surprise to her: “I’ve always been interested in learning skills and have really enjoyed studying for my diploma, however it came as a complete shock when I was told I had won the award.”

Her achievements have seen nothing but praise from her Planning Manager, Darren Blackshaw. He added: “Rohan has been with Dalehead for almost a year and a half now, during this time she has really applied herself to both studying and the job itself.

“When she first joined us Rohan had no PC skills or knowledge of food production, however as her manager I can honestly say that she could probably now run our Planning department without any help from me.”

Rohan was nominated for the award by Sharon Green, Head of Skills and Work Based Learning at the University of Lincoln’s National Centre for Food Manufacturing, who explains; “I was incredibly impressed with the exceptionally high academic standard of Rohan’s work throughout her Diploma in Food Industry Skills, and this combined with her natural ability to understand complex planning tasks really stood her out from the crowd.

“I am delighted that Rohan’s achievements have been recognised with the presentation of this very special award.”

DF_2

DF_3 DF_5